Task: Blueprint to Success – Opportunity M/W/E/DBE
Business and Needs Assessments
MWDBE contractor selection
Evaluation and Metrics
As Prime Consultant for the Blueprint to Success M/W/E/DBE Contractor Program, r6catalyst has been working with the New York City Economic Development (NYCEDC), and providing the following services for the successful development and implementation of this program:
- Created a detailed Needs Assessment methodology;
- Reviewed, qualified and evaluated suitable M/W/DBE contractors to participate in the program;
- Developed standards, in collaboration with EDC, for what defines a firm as “healthy” in each of the assessment categories;
- Conducted in-depth assessments of each selected firm;
- Reported assessment findings and recommendations for each firm;
- From the assessments results, we recommended and designed customized curriculum for each rm, in coordination with the teams of instructors and technical trainers;
- Throughout the Program, r6catalyst has provided on- going evaluation and adaptation of the curiculum to ensure quality;
- Developed detailed evaluation and measurement criteria along with specific metrics to guage contractor progress.
We continue to support NYCEDC in fulfillment of the program of providing qualified, and certified small minority and women-owned construction firms with comprehensive and individualized business skills and technical assistance.
Some of the key categories we conducted needs assessments included: business vision and strategic intent, management practices, business organization, human resources, financial and accounting, legal, project management, marketing and business development.